Monday, January 21, 2013

Whole-Wheat Banana Pancakes

 Whole-Wheat Banana Pancakes
 
My best friend was over this evening and I made us whole-wheat banana pancakes! These are so delicious. I sliced up a strawberry and threw that on top :)
 
 
 
 
Ingredients
Source: http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2010/04/21/recipe-whole-wheat-banana-pancakes-freeze-the-leftovers/
  • 2 cups whole-wheat flour (I use King Arthur’s organic white whole-wheat flour)
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 ¾ cups milk
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted + butter for frying
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 100% pure maple syrup for serving
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  2. Make a well (hole) in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the honey, eggs, milk, and 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Whisk together thoroughly, but do not overmix.
  3. Gently fold the mashed bananas into the batter with a spatula.
  4. I used my Griddler to make these pancakes. Preheated to 350 degrees and then used a soup ladle to transfer the pancake patter.
  5. When the pancakes have begun to brown on the bottom, flip them over to cook the other side.
  6.  I served our pancakes with pure maple syrup and strawberries on top.
  7. Freeze the leftovers for another day!

I hope you enjoy these as much as we did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment