Friday, January 18, 2013

Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers

Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers
Reader Recipe of the Month, Cara Cole-Mahon, Oxygen Magazine, May 2012
 
 
I am posting this recipe for a friend! I have not tried this out myself, so you will have to let me know how it turns out. Looks pretty good to me!



Ingredients:
4 bell peppers
1 lb lean ground turkey (preferably ground turkey breast or 97/3%)
1 cup cooked quinoa
3 egg whites
1/2 c chopped scallion
2 tbsp Italian seasoning
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp clean jarred tomato sauce

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut bell peppers in half, discarding the seeds.
2. In a large bowl, combine turkey, cooked quinoa, egg whites, scallion and seasonings plus 1 tbsp of tomato sauce. Mix well.
3. Stuff each pepper half with the mixture. Top with remaining tomato sauce. Bake for 45 minutes and serve.


Enjoy!


Have a wonderful day, and a great weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment